BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Stolen, broken and saying never...

Ok, so for some reason the past few weeks I have heard numerous times the following three songs:
Stolen by Dashboard Confessional, Broken by Lifehouse, and Never Say Never, by The Fray. As soon as one of them comes on the radio or cycles through the shuffle on my iPod, it is like I am in a trance and can't do anything else but get lost in the music and the emotion of the song. Yesterday, I was at the gym and probably a good 45 minutes into the elliptical when Never Say Never came on and the next thing I knew, my eyes were closed and I was moving to the beat of the music. I thought my lungs were going to burst, not only from the exertion but also from the emotion that was rolling through me. If I was a hypochondriac, I would have thought I was dying because of the tightness in my chest. When the song ended, I realized I needed to slow down and recover before my time was up on the machine. I love that songs can evoke such emotion, especially in a very public place with lots of strangers around. I didn't care if anyone saw me with my eyes closed and I know I was mouthing the words to the song. I just let it take over me... and for a moment it took me back to the complete and utter exhilaration that I used to feel when I would ride out on the back 40 (back pasture for the horses at the farm) and just gallop full out and close my eyes and let the wind take me. No fear, no thoughts, just feeling the rhythm of the hoof beats as we moved together across the field. It is like nothing else... I miss it.

0 comments: